Friday, July 28, 2017

But First....One of the Worst. #BB19

Well, first thing first....we need to talk about Julie's couture again.  From a distance, this get up was pretty bad. Julie Chen is a gorgeous woman with an enviable figure, but this dress looks like something Barb from the Omaha Accounting Office would wear to the Springtime Jubilee.


Kevin wore his Bunch of Grapes better than Julie wore that dress, unfortunately.  At least Kevin kept things simple, with just the ripe fruit and his jaunty stem.


This dress is clearly meant to look edgy, so how does that translate with the choker?  And the Little Women hairstyle?  And also those big earrings?

It's all just way too much.  There is too much going on there.  If Julie's stylist wanted to make an edgy statement with this dress, she should have skipped all of that distracting jewelry, maybe wearing only a shiny cuff bracelet.  And her hair should be in a sleek pony tail, high on her head.


I'm certainly not a stylist, I'm just an accountant.  But even I know that dress appears to be made from dishwashing sponges.  Maybe it's a recycled dress.

You need to see the shoes, too.  There is a lot going on with those shoes.  Lots of straps, lots of details.  Too many straps, too many details.  I think a simple nude spike heel would have been more flattering, and more comfortable to wear scrubbing the pots and pans after supper.


I did find an article from 2015 where Julie candidly discusses her bad fashion choices over the years, but Julie felt that those poorly-dressed days were behind her, because she was working with a stylist now.  You can read the article and watch a little video montage of Julie's bad couture here.



And of course I am using the word "couture" in jest here, because Julie's clothing is really anything but.  Couture clothing is specifically designed and fitted for a specific person, but Julie's clothing is pulled off a rack at Macy's, apparently.

I found Carole Meltzer, Julie's stylist.  And she's not just a stylist.  She sells jewelry on QVC and is apparently a feng shui consultant.  So let's blame Carole for this look, and then we should blame Julie for not firing Carole and hiring someone else.


Can't CBS afford to hire someone like Rachel Zoe to style Julie?  Someone who knows how choose good clothes and let them speak for themselves?  Someone who understands how to dress a woman of a certain age?




I would say that Julie Chen needs to keep it simple, but in order to do that, she needs to get to simple first, and then worry about staying there.

***AND NOW, ON WITH THE SHOW***

And speaking about accessories, Jessica wore an HoH comp-themed jacket and cap with her chic striped dress.  As soon as the competition was over, Raven could be heard screeching about how Jessica gets to keep those items.

Later on the live feeds, I heard a conversation between Jessica and Elena.  It sounds like Jessica had another dress that she wanted to wear on the live show, but it got nixed by Production for being too revealing.  I loved the striped dress, personally.  If you have a body like Jessica's, you don't need to wear clothes that are so skimpy. Leave a little mystery, Jessica.

And I also forgot some live feed chatter I heard about last week's HoH competition, the one that Jessica won.  This was a comp that was conducted when the live feeds were down for the Battle Back.  When they first began the competition, it sounds like everybody's red plate dropped before Julie even finished her announcements to kick off the competition, so they had to start it at least twice.  Bet they won't do that one again....


Yesterday when Paul & Company were studying for this competition, they were talking about Elena being some sort of mental mastermind, but Elena was the first one out on a question that we all knew ---Myrtle Beach was definitely one of Jillian's time share location tats.

If you read my post yesterday, you would have gotten that one right.  But Elena with the reputed photographic memory got it wrong.  We might be able to blame that on Paul, because he told Elena during a study session that Miami was the Em Word etched on Jillian's body, not Myrtle Beach.



And then the next question decimated anyone who didn't study the real information with Paul & Company.  They pulled an all nighter, I think.

Mark, Alex, Cody, Kevin and Josh bit the dust on this one, leaving Christmas, Jason, Matt, Paul and Raven still in the game.  Kevin later told Alex and Jason that he "knew most of the answers, but he didn't give a fuck".



Mark and Elena had a bad night.  First the blindside, and now this.  I later heard Jessica trying to figure out who would sleep where now in the Showmance Room.  She said that Christmas and Elena would share a bed, but Mark would be returning to that room "eventually".

I think everyone thinks Mark's Have Not status ends on Friday at midnight.  But it doesn't.  Mark has another whole week to go on the Have Not diet.  His only hope to get out of that early would be to get evicted next week.  And that is a very real possibility now, and I think Mark knows it.

And Elena looks like Mark's mother here, with that gray-toned hair and all of that Dallas PTA Mom makeup.  Why Elena, why?  What's wrong with having your natural blonde hair?


Jillian must be dying at home watching this.  That triangle thing is a sales technique she described to Big Jeff but it looks like a cult symbol here.  And the flowers peeking out of her bikini bottom are rather fetching, I think.  And you know how I feel about tattoos.

If you have an appendicitis or gastric sleeve scar to hide, one or two of these flowers might be a good option.  Her body looked great though, so that should make Jillian very happy.


And now that Glenn and Jodi have both appeared on Big Brother again, maybe the fans who want to see that can all shut up now.


 Then it all came down to Matt, Paul and Raven.  As much as people are tired of Paul running things around there, the thought of having to watch Raven conduct all of the ceremonies, with the shrieking and the hand motions startled my own digestive system.  I guess Matt winning HoH would have meant some new T-shirts to wear, but I'm  still glad Paul beat them.

Matt and Raven have been holding down the bottom of the FeedWatcher Fan Poll since the second day of live feeds.  Paul is such a competitor though.  He was bouncing around in anticipation of Julie announcing the answer like my dog does when she's ready for me to throw her tennis ball.


Paul wore Kevin's brother Richie's shirt last night on the live show, and I thought Paul looked great covered up in some real clothes.  That is the shirt that Kevin displays behind his bed.  Richie passed away when Kevin was young, I think, and Paul gave Richie a shout out after winning, which was nice.

But then Paul had to make sure America knows he's all tatted up, since that was the theme of the competition.


And the loser's lounge was all kitted out like a tattoo parlor.  Paul has been talking about how he can't wait to get a tattoo, because it's like an addiction for him.  Paul inspected the set decoration and called out "who wants to get a tattoo?"

Christmas raised her hand in the polite tradition.

Raven, rushing over to the stage:  ME FIRST!  ME FIRST!

Let's all give thanks people, because we almost had a Raven HoH week.  Things can always be worse, so please don't forget that as you bitch and moan this week about Paul's various HoH Friendship initiatives.


After the live show, I expected to see all sorts of fireworks and fighting on the live feeds.  But instead I saw Cody whining and emitting constant Victim Noises to Paul about how nobody wanted to talk to him last week.

Cody:  When I came into a room, everyone left.

(WAAAAHHHHH.)

Paul misted Jessica and Cody with Friendship, pointing out that Ramses was the real threat on the nomination block, because he was the guy who would win the late-stage competitions, and Paul said everyone would much rather compete against Josh in those comps, rather than Ramses.  It wasn't a personal move against Jessica and Cody, Paul said, but a move against Ramses, who Paul announced had been the winner of the $25,000 on the first night.

Paul:  And Josh hates you.....at least you know that!  No one really knows who Ramses liked or hated.

Cody:  Yeah, I can see that.  But you could have told me.

Paul also circled back around with Elena and Mark, saying that he knew they would share the news with Cody and Jessica.  Elena pouted, and Mark already seemed suicidal, but there was no big  explosion for Paul to clean up.

***ALSO***

Kevin's daughters tweeted about Richie's shirt, and Kevin's childhood friend Paul.


And Kevin appears to have pioneered the "Inside Out" shirt look.  But then I realized that Kevin is wearing the same number as the guy next to him, so I guess he forgot to bring his own shirt on Team Picture Day.  Maybe that is Paul in the other "31" shirt.

Kevin's daughters are always right on time with the informative tweets and other important Kevin information.  They must be thrilled with his progress in the game, because this is yet another week that Kevin will not just survive, but not even face a nomination.


***AND***

I wonder if Kevin feels badly about the $25,000 accusation against Ramses, which everyone is taking as an absolute fact, since Paul declared it to be true.  Ramses is going to FLIP OUT when he finds out that Kevin is the one who took that money, and that Paul is the only one who knows about it.

Not to mention that Kevin is responsible for those hinky votes that got blamed on Ramses. That's gonna hurt, isn't it?


And as a college kid, that stipend money in the Jury would have been like winning the damn lottery.  What college kid earns $1,000 per week (legally)?  Ramses had a good attitude with Julie, and also with Big Jeff in his post-eviction interviews.

But when Jeff told Ramses that Paul just won HoH, it was clear that Ramses was bummed out.  And THAT is one reason why Paul wanted him GONE.


18 comments :

  1. I love your blogs...very insightful and witty. I usually check for your new blogs before going anywhere else. Keep up the awesome blogs.

    Also I noticed you have Josh listed as evicted not Ramses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I fixed it!

      I think I was overserved last night when I typed that....

      Delete
  2. I love that Jessica wiped the smirks off all those faces with her less-than-truthful truth bomb. It sent Paul scrambling.

    I wish I still had my Little Women dolls...antique dolls my mom gave me when I was much too young to care for or appreciate them. I named them after the Little Women.

    I got my appendix out when I was in about 2nd grade. I remember the surgeon telling me he was giving me a bikini scar. It took years to appreciate what that was. That was way back in the dark ages when you had that surgery and actually healed in the hospital for a week. Now they poke a straw in your belly, suck it out and then send you on your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week in the hospital? It sounds like you can get that surgery in the drive thru window now!

      I don't have Little Women dolls, but I do have B1 and B2 stuffed figures from the Bananas in Pajamas. The little snaps on their striped PJs really work. It was a joke gift from a friend (long story) but they are now worth nearly $60 on Ebay. It's like sitting on a gold mine.

      Delete
  3. She looks like a "Stepford Chan!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw Julie's ensemble last night, my first thoughts were "Are there problems in the Moonves/Chen household? Did he cut her budget? Or did she have a falling-out with her stylist?" I was sure the shoes were the same as last week's, but found a pic for reference and saw that they were just a similar nude strappy style.
    As overbearing as Paul is this season, I still respect that he's playing. I feel like he wanted to play a different game, and that Cody's blindside put him on the offensive. He's unable to leave any strategy undiscussed, any houseguest unquestioned, and any thought unexplained - unfortunately for Paul as a player, and us as viewers. As for Kevin, he's giving me a strong Shelly Moore vibe. I hope he's got a plan, because playing a *solid* floater game isn't a seat-of-the-pants strategy. Anyone can play (or in this case not play) Mark's game; Shelly was a master.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaunty Stem, I can't with that one. Thanks for talking about Julie and that awful getup. Jessica is an idiot. She should know Paul was going to put them up and she had the perfect opportunity for a blindside. They could have even let someone else win the veto for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG during BBAD last nite, I couldn't take my eyes off CNN televising & color commenting on the senate vote (on "skinny Obamacare" repeal/replace, which I called skinny jeans repeal). It was the BB house after dark but in the beltway! Only CSPAN were camera operators & Pence was HOH...All the warring alliances gathered in corners conspiring. Pence, instead of presiding, was making the rounds trying to sway votes. Trump as production calling McCain off the senate floor (DR session). The voting. The paybacks & revenge. The audible gasp & mouths agape when McCain blindsided McConnell & basically backdoored Pence as he fled the house as soon the vote came in. I just wish the houseguests (senators) woulda been live-mic'd & a shady scrolling live feed banner commenting to boot. (Although Trump did live tweet later). Drama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think jess made a mistake in telling everyone about her temptation.. she could have at least kept it a secret until after veto. She pretty much set up mark or Elena to go home this week IMO

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids LOVED Bananas in Pajamas! Speaking of ebay, I should see how much those Pokemon cards are worth...the ones my husband always said were the boys' but used to hold them up in plastic sleeves where they couldn't touch them, only see them.

    I agree the dress was horrible. I said something on twitter about it being made with a 3-hole punch.

    I'm glad someone else thinks Shelley was a master. I always tell my husband she's the one I'd tell Big Jeff I'd model my play on. That, and cooking for everyone to keep myself in the house. I'd be that stealth middle aged woman feeding everyone and being their in-house psychiatrist. Every year I tell my husband I'm applying just to watch him freak out, afraid I'm going to embarrass him and sully our name

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering what you'd think about Julie's ensemble last night, haha. I think the main problem with that dress is the length. Tea length? So old ladyish. See that little short slip under the sheer fabric there? If the dress was THAT length, or at least a couple inches above the knee woulda made a huge difference, no? And Rachel Zoe, that would be my dream come true. I have always loved her (& Brad Goreski), so many talented celebrity stylists in LaLaLand & Julie picks a QVC crafter? GTFO!

    I read about Paul's (group) strategy for the HOH where 3 would pick true & 3 false so they would always have the majority left playing. Worked like a charm. He has good strategies, gotta admit.

    I thought Jillian's image was great too, I loved that bikini.

    Watch Elena start shunning Mark starting 1-2-3 now. Has there ever been a bad showmance breakup in tne house yet? Can't recall one, so looking forward to seeing it happen now (or again if it did before). It would be so awkward, HA!



    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara (aka Dingo), Hamsterwatch ED, called Julie's frock a "tissue bondage getup" lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paul, the thinker. Not a lot of that in big brother history, so yeah, a very good strategy, I guess. Although there tends to be so much more than brain power that decides the winner of each season. And as another sidebar, even with my preceding comment, I usually have reasons for wanting someone to win that do not take them to the coveted $500,000.00 place. and when the hell will this show change things up and give the winner a cool million??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I blabbed on and on with my reactions to the show without thanking Feed Watcher for the incredible blogging. So, thanks F.W. Just realized my omission and needed to correct it. I go to HamsterWatch and Jokers, but really, there is no comparison and I do thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When are they going to realize it's time to get rid of Paul? Next week is their chance. Better take it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, as an accountant, originally from Omaha, I just wanted to set the record straight....I have never been to a springtime jubilee lol! Omaha is much more than you think it is but we get that stereotype all the time! Thanks for your blog as always, must be off though - have a ho down I need to mosey on over to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know YOU wouldn't wear this dress, CiCi, but don't you think Barb would?

      Delete
    2. LOL - oh for sure Barb would, Barb is one strange woman! :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!