Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Meet Matthew Clines - Swipe Right, Bitches. #BB19

Please allow me to introduce you to Matthew Clines, who immediately captured my attention with his relaxed, breezy hotness.  He would like us to call him Matt, and is 33 years old from Arlington Virginia, and is a consultant for a home remodeling company.

Jeff:  So you're handy?

Matt:  A little bit, here and there.....I do sales, though!  I can take care of a few things here and there, but I'm just in sales.


Well this information immediately gets Big Jeff's attention, since he used to be a sales guy, too.

(On BB11, Jeff's job was to sell yellow page ads, or something like that.  He actually demonstrated his sales pitch a few times in the backyard that season.  This work experience might explain why Jeff doesn't seem to let the haters get to him....you have to have a thick skin to succeed in a sales career.)

Jeff:  So we have that connection....the sales and the gray hair!


Matt tells Jeff that he is "very much single".

Jeff: Okay..do ya think something's gonna go down?  Because you know there are going to be a lot of pretty girls in dere...

Matt: I'm sure they do a great job picking out the women....I'm excited to see what they have going on in there!  I'm definitely not closing any doors, that's for sure.


Look how relaxed Matt is, just kicking back on the couch with Big Jeff, taking each question as it comes.  Matt is one cool customer.

Here's how attractive I find Matt:  Those tattoos on his arm are not bothering me.  At least not yet....not at this time.  And he might even have a small bald spot on the top of his head, I noticed from the blurry camera footage of him entering the room to meet with Jeff.  But that certainly doesn't bother me....a handsome man just gets more handsome with age, if you ask me....


Jeff wondered what Matt will miss most when he's in the house, and Matt doesn't hesitate with his response.

Matt:  Oh, definitely my Mom.....Yep.  My mom and my friends.  And staying up on sports is going to be difficult as well.


Jeff loves that response and can relate to it.

Jeff:  That's a tough one!

Matt, laughing:  I'm so glad the NBA finals ended the day before I came out here.

Jeff:  So you know!

Matt:  Yep, I know.

Jeff:  Sometimes people don't even know that.  So you got lucky!


OK...I certainly don't "know", so I looked it up in order to impress my new boyfriend Matt.  The Golden State Warriors apparently won the 2017 NBA Finals on Monday June 12th, before Matt went into sequester for BB Finals, where there is no such thing as TV, internet, or telephones.

Matt scored in the BB Finals, too.  I mean, obviously, because he's here, right?


Matt says it's going to be tough to miss out on Fantasy Football, too.

Jeff:  Yeah, but this is a pretty good gig, too!

Matt:  I'm not complaining!  Not complaining!

(Not yet, anyway......)


Matt says in terms of strengths in the game, his dad was in the army so his family moved around a lot when he was growing up.

Matt:  So I learned to make connections with people quickly...and to build relationships like that.  I'm able to read people pretty well, and I'm also a trustworthy person, and I think people will be able to see that.

Jeff:  Do you think being trustworthy might be a downfall in this game though?

Matt:  Well, I'm not necessarily trusting of others all the time....but I'm very transparent in terms of people trusting me.  I definitely see what you're saying though....yeah, that might be a problem.


***swoon***


Matt thinks if he has a downfall, it might be that he's too nice and friendly with everyone.

Matt:  But I'm also an intense competitor, as well.  So I'm going to have to play up the nice part...not that I'm not a nice guy, but so as to downplay being some sort of threat.

Jeff reminds Matt that there will be some quirky people in the house, and how will he deal with that?

Matt:  Like I said, I have a diverse group of friends, and I've been around a lot of different types of people...I'm sure that if someone doesn't like, clean up the kitchen it's going to drive me wild, but I'll take care of it.

(Oh. My. God.  Matt is going to keep things clean.)

Jeff:  We'll see....we'll see.  I'm interested to see how you'll do in there.


This is Matt doing the Stoopid Sharade for Big Jeff, acting out his high school mascot.  Matt is playing the role of a viking, and  Jeff was able to guess correctly this time without too much trouble.  Perhaps it was the marching of the feet that did it, or the "tough guy" squaring of the shoulders that Matt also acted out.

But let's talk about that fucking STAIN on the couch behind Matt.  That spot did not come from Matt.....HELL NO.  In fact, I don't think that is a stain at all---it is likely that is a velvet couch and this is where Matt's elbow was leaning on it.

Or is his elbow really dirty?  Or slathered with some sort of greasy lotion?  I sure hope not.  It will break my heart if Matt turns out to be a Dirty Bastard.


Jeff wondered if Matt has any interesting talents that we need to know about.  Matt immediately says that he can guess the milligrams of caffeine in any beverage at any time.  He says he drinks about a 1,000 milligrams of caffeine every day, so he knows.  Matt also likes to lift weights, too.


Now I feel like we need to study that, too, in order to impress our new boyfriend Matt.  Assuming we didn't just break up after he left a big stain on the couch.


Then Jeff asks a new question that I've never heard him ask before.

Jeff:  Do you think you'll make a big impact on this season so that people will remember you next season?

Matt:  Oh, absolutely.  I would be sorely disappointed if they don't...that would be a big disappointment.

Jeff asked Matt if he has a hashtag and Matt his surprised.

Matt:  Oh, we're hashtagging right now?

Jeff:  Well, they're going to tag you with all kinds of hashtags, but do you have one right now?

Matt brings up that he's been compared to Brett Favre, so maybe that's a good hashtag.  Well Matt, you clearly don't have a good grip on what makes a good hashtag, but personally that makes me like you even more.

But now we have more damn homework to do...having a boyfriend is hard, ya'll.  I guess I see a little resemblance....Brett could be Matt's ugly cousin, I suppose.




Then Jeff asks Matt the Big Question...and unfortunately Matt said he'd rather lose and be loved by America.  Jeff seemed deflated, hearing that, just like the rest of us.  Matt sensed that, of course, and did his best to recover.

Matt:  But I'M GONNA WIN, THOUGH!  If it's just those two options you're giving me, I want to be loved, but I'm gonna win and be loved.

Jeff:  OK buddy.  I got a good feeling about you, but don't listen to me because I can't win this thing.  I tried twice....

Matt:  But you got married though, so that's okay.


***FEEDWATCHER FORECAST***

OK, so you already know that I think Matt has potential.  He's a smooth talker and appears to be someone who is not only self-aware, but very aware of other people.  We don't really know how much he knows about this game, but he seems smart enough to be able to figure it out.

I can't find much info about Matt on the internet---apparently Production recommended that the house guests delete their social media accounts this year.  Probably a smart idea, but it makes it hard to get the scoop.

Matt did get a speeding ticket, though.  He got caught doing 85 in a 65 MPH zone.  Big whoop.  I doubt you'd even get pulled over in the Atlanta Metro area for that, unless you were driving a stolen car or something.

I won't be breaking up with Matt over this moving violation, because I'm forgiving like that.


OK, here's the thing.....Matt has a connection with Alex Kidwell from Rob Has a Podcast.  Apparently Alex told Rob that Matt is one of Alex's friend's roommates.  Or something like that.  Is Alex from Virginia?  I know Alex moved out to California last year to work for Rob, but did he live in Virginia before that?  How does Alex know Matt's roommate?  And is Matt aware of how involved Alex is in the BB community?  Was Alex aware Matt was being cast this season?  Has Alex met any of Matt's ex-girlfriends?  What toppings does Matt like on his pizza?  Does Matt drink energy drinks all day, or just coffee?  Does Matt like dogs?  Do dogs like Matt?

And so on.  So many questions.

Rob asked Alex if he would mind Matt winning the game, and Alex said absolutely not---that Matt is such a nice guy and Alex would love to see him win Big Brother 19.  So that's a real endorsement.   I'll be keeping my ear to the ground though, to see if there are any forthcoming juicy tidbits about Matt.

Let's take a look at Matt's CBS bio.

Matt loves animals!  And also sleeping and eating!  What a guy!

But then he had to call out Donny Thompson as is favorite house guest......ruh roh.  I hope Matt doesn't play Big Brother like Donny Thompson did....because Donny was an absolute bust as far as game play goes.

And Matt has good grooming habits, saying he needs a beard trimmer and tweezers to get through the summer.  And he was naked once in the Planet Hollywood Las Vegas hotel lobby...but hey, hasn't everybody?

Needless to say I will be pulling for Matt and I hope he comes across in the house as well as he did in this interview with Big Jeff.  I think there is a slight risk of Matt coming off as an arrogant slimeball, ala Nick Uhas, but I'm counting on Matt to be able to read people in there and adjust his persona accordingly.  And he's right in the zone, age-wise, to be able to form bonds with every house guest..  I'll be looking for Matt on the live feeds....you can be sure of that.  But we all know this isn't my first time at the rodeo---every season people say and do all sorts of things in their interviews with Jeff that turn out to be Big Fat Lies.  So I'll stay Cautiously Optimistic about Matt Clines.

I think Matt could be the person that Dan tweeted about, assuming Alex Kidwell was somehow involved with asking for Dan's feedback.  But I can't imagine that Matt wouldn't at least want to hear Dan out regarding his advice---being successful in sales includes being a good listener.  And Matt seems too calm to get snappy with people.

Here is Dan's tweet again, in cast you somehow missed it.  I think I'm still leaning towards Cameron Heard as the cocky BB19'er who wasn't buying what Dan was selling.  But if it is Matt Clines who dissed Dan, how fun would it be if he wins BB19?  I'll bet Dan will delete this Tweet if Whomever-It-Is even makes it to the Jury, but of course that's just me running my mouth again.


4 comments :

  1. OMG I can't with you and the way Jeff speaks. This post was particularly funny. I can't wait to see how your relationship progresses with Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah. Welcome back!

      Unfortunately my relationship with Matt might be on rocky grounds due to Big Mark. In fact, I think I just cheated on Matt while I watched Mark's video with Big Jeff again.

      It's hard dating Big Brother contestants, for sure.

      Delete
  2. I remember from a podcast that Alex is from Silver Spring, MD. Probably remembered because I used to drive through there to get to Richmond. I think they're 45 minutes away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't mean to be a party pooper, Marc seems to be the only hot guy this season(and I'm not really into bodybuilder types) but I don't see what all the hype about this Matt guy is about, he's a bit on the ugly side

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!