Friday, June 23, 2017

Meet Jessica Graf - She's Playing the Long Game. Or is That the Wrong Game? #BB19

It's time to meet Jessica Graf, who tells Big Jeff that she's "from the East Coast", but she lives in LA now and is a "VIP Concierge".

Jeff:  Oooo.

Jessica:  Yeah, fancy....

Jeff:  You have to deal with some fancy people, I'll bet.

Jessica:  Yeah, a lot of people have high demands in LA, I guess you can say.

Jessica seems very weary.....did she get a good night's sleep in sequester?  Is she bored already?


I think "VIP Concierge" means she works in the VIP room of a club, probably hostessing or selling bottles.


Jeff wonders if she'll use some of those VIP skills in the BB house this summer.

Jessica:  I'm going to bring some of those people-pleasing skills into the house in some respects, but I'm not gonna people-please too much, ya know?  I'm a strong girl....I can stand my own ground.


Jeff:  So, are you a fan of da show?

Jessica, very calmly, making total eye contact with Jeff:  I'm a huge fan of the show. I immediately knew who you were.

Jeff:  You did?

Jessica turns towards the camera and tells us that she didn't know she was coming in to interview with Jeff though.  (How can she not know that, if she's a fan of the show?)

Jessica:  I'm kind of fangirling out right now.

Jeff:  Well, you were fangirling out over the Diary Room!

Jessica:  I always wanted to come in here, so yeah.  I'm freaking out on the inside, I've gotta say.


Jeff:  Well let it go then!  We're live on the internet (pointing at us).

Jessica laughs at this.  Perhaps she is trained to be calm when seeing famous people at her job so she was suppressing her energy.  Perhaps she will perk up now and show some excitement.


Jessica:  This is the couch, so I'm gonna be like.....

Jeff, hands in the air: WHOA.

Basically Jessica just laid down on the couch, giving Jeff a come-hither look.  I think she may have put her legs or her feet on Big Jeff, and that is why he said "WHOA".  She was clearly invading Jeff's personal space.  It's hard for me not to stare at Jessica's chest, so I can imagine what is going on now in the control room, or inside Jeff Schroeder's noggin.

But Jessica knows that, of course.  She wants to be noticed for this. Otherwise, why would she wear this top?


Jeff tries to get the interview back on track, so he asks her if she will be a more physical or mental player.

Jessica:  I am actually going to be the whole trifecta...

Jeff is obviously amused by this.  Big Jeff has heard it all by now....and probably seen it all, too.

Jessica:  I am going to do a little bit of puppeteering, a little bit of social game...I'm actually going to depend mostly on my social game this season.

(Do you think Jessica knows that "Trifecta" involves three things?  If so, I'm unclear as to how she calculated that with the list she just gave.)


Jessica:  I plan on being Miss Congeniality, which is how I'm trying to brand myself this year.

As opposed to last year?  Jeff turns to give us a look before turning back to Jessica and her chest.

Jessica: I plan to be the life of the party this season so people want to keep me around because what are they going to do without me?

(I am usually totally oblivious to who wears hair extensions or not, but I can clearly see that situation happening on the left side of Jessica's head as she turns towards Jeff.  I can ALWAYS spot a hair piece on a man, though, which is one of my special gifts.)


Jessica is single, so Jeff wonders if she's open to a relationship in the house, since relationships have become so important on the show and all.

Jessica, clearly anticipating this question: So, growing up watching Big Brother I lived for the showmances.  It was the highlight of the season, so if there wasn't a good showmance it really bummed me out.


Jessica:  So I always anticipated that when I came in the house I would be in this epic showmance, but it's jut not gonna happen this summer.

Jeff:  Why not?

Jessica:  Because I'm here for the money.  I want to win this season, because rolling into next season...

Jeff already knows what she's about to say, and laughs in a "can you believe this shit" type of laugh, looking at us.  I'll bet if Jeff pointed out that a showmance results in extra screen time, maybe even a few "very special segments" of the CBS show, Jessica would have changed her tune fast. Just a guess.


Jessica:  .....if Big Brother does an All Star season, I can be on back-to-back seasons and win both.  It's never been done before!

Jeff showing frustration:  Why does everybody worry about going on again?  Why don't you worry about playing RIGHT NOW?


Jessica:  I'm playing the long game here...this is chess, not checkers.

Jeff:  Oh, so you're not even playing for this season.

Jessica:  I'm playing for back-to-back wins...I've got this.  Will YOU come back for an All Star season Jeff?


Jeff:  I don't know..we'll see....we're here to talk about YOUR season....you gotta get that first win.

Jessica giggles and bends over, which I am pretty sure is a trademarked move for her.

Jessica, in a clearly suggestive tone:  But I wanna play with YOU.  I wanna beat YOU.

Jeff:  Well you win this one and we'll talk.

(I've got to say, I haven't seen such a desperate attempt to hit on Big Jeff since Amanda Zuckerman in BB15.   And Jessica KNOWS about Jordan.  She might not know that they are married with a child, but even if she did, she wouldn't care.  That's the world that Jessica lives in. She must feel good about her chances of winning BB this year, because she's going to be missing the Yachting Season.)


Jeff once again tries to get things back on track here, asking her how far she'll go in her quest to win it all.

Jessica says she's going to try not to fall in love, but it's going to be tough because she gets a little boy crazy.  (Jeff snickers.)  As far as back-stabbing goes, she's going to try not to compromise her integrity but then she quickly skips to the topic of how she promised her mother to split the money with her when she wins.

Jessica: So anyone I meet in there, showmance or not, they don't take precedence over my mom, so if it means stabbing someone in the back that I've known for a month, then yeah, it will happen.

Jeff:  It's a little longer than a month, but I think you'll fall in love in there...I'm just going to make a prediction.


Jessica:  You think? Why, have you met or interviewed someone already who....

Jeff:  You're the first one.

Jessica: Really?

Jeff:  I don't know.  You gotta expect the unexpected.

Jessica:  Are you playing Cupid?

Jeff:  I'm definitely not playing Cupid.

Jessica:  Then Big Brother might be playing Cupid.

Jeff, obviously ready to change the subject:  They might be.  They might be....


Jeff asks if one famous person can start following her on Instagram after the season, who would it be?

Jessica:  Ryan Gosling.

Jeff tells her that she really shoots for the stars, and then asks her the final Big Question.

Jessica:  I'd like to lose and be loved.

Jeff:  What?  I thought you're gonna be the back-to-back champ!

Jessica:  I don't want America to hate me this year.  Like I said, I want to be Miss Congeniality, so when it's time to choose America's Favorite Player....(points at herself with both hands).

Big Jeff wished her good luck with that and was ready to call it a day.


After the interview was over, Jessica stood up and I could see that the  top that she's wearing is really like a one-piece swimsuit or leotard, with only some skinny straps on the sides and the back. Is that what she wears in the VIP room?   Jessica hung around the DR after the interview for a few minutes, maybe using some of those famous people-pleasing skills.

Jeff sees you coming a mile away, Jessica.  And I do, too.


***FEEDWATCHER FORECAST***

Well, Jessica seems like a really nice, wholesome girl.






Is she going to act like that in the BB house?  I wondered that about Amanda, too, after I watched her interview with Jeff, and when the feeds went live a week later Amanda was already in bed with McCrae in the HoH room, whispering about what the cameras could or could not see.

There are usually at least one of these types cast every season, of course.  Who do you think she will hook up with first?  I hope Matt Clines is too smart for that, but Mark Janson seems naive and will probably fall for it hook, line and sinker.

I predict Jessica's various romantic entanglements, along with constant display of her body will be her story line this summer, along with some good old-fashioned hard-luck tales about how tough life was for she and her mother.  Because spoiler alert:  Jessica has lived in eight states....I can just hear the violins now.

And I just can't with her talk of All Stars already.  I just can't.  Josh Martinez thinks he's going straight to All Stars, too, so maybe the two of them can share their plans for that. I wonder if Robyn Kass plants those little seeds in their heads, and is now giggling somewhere in a CBS conference room when they play right into it on camera.

Here is Jessica's CBS bio for your review.
So she says it will be hard to miss a summer of travel (  ***cough cough  Yachting Season cough cough***). And she knows the line in the bathroom is going to be a lengthy one.

I'm not surprised that she admires Janelle, because Janelle took the bombshell persona and turned it into a fearless Big Brother badass persona.  Janelle was also a VIP bottle club girl, too.   But we'll be the judge of the comparison from here, Jessica.  Go in there and accomplish 1/3 of what Janelle accomplished and we'll reevaluate your chances then.

Janelle did play BB6 and then roll right into All Stars for BB7, so maybe that is where Jessica is getting that lofty idea.        

And her boobs are real?  OK hon.  Anything you say.

Yeah, so I clearly don't like Jessica.  But I'm not supposed to like her.

In college, I once went out on a date with an actor from As The World Turns.  He was in town for an appearance at a local TV station and I met him in the beer garden at Bullwinkle's Saloon.  He told me that every 13 weeks the actors' soap opera contracts were up for renewal, and one big factor in getting re-signed was how much fan mail they received.  (There wasn't any internet back then---it was all Snail Mail.)  He said that getting hate mail was just as important for the producers as getting positive fan mail, because it showed that the fans were passionate about him on the show. So that's why I say that I'm not meant to like Jessica....sometimes the characters we all love to hate are the ones that make the show compelling to watch.

For example:  Frankie Grande, and even Dr. Will Kirby for the first half of  BB2.  Certainly Scott Dennis from BBOTT.

So these players can be just as important as the characters who are universally loved.  Because Jordan Lloyd wouldn't have been such a down-home success story on BB11 without the evil Natalie Martinez going up against her.  It's the yin and the yang that makes it work, I think.

By the way, I've cyber-stalked that ATWT guy a few times over the years, but he's out of show business now and lives in the middle of nowhere doing arts and crafts or something.  It was exciting to meet him though. In my professional career I've had to go to hundreds of meetings, many of which begin with  a "fun" activity like introducing yourself with Two Truths and a Lie.  I always used my date with the soap opera guy as one of my items.  It was often the one picked by the group as The Lie, even though it was A Truth.  Because I'm an accountant for god's sake....what in the world would I be doing fraternizing with a daytime TV star?

2 comments :

  1. Does anyone know Jessica's fan mail? My daughter loves her on big brother and wants to send her a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is she going to do playboy after? she has some amazing assets to share with the world!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!