Monday, July 25, 2016

It's a Cruel, Cruel Summer. #BB18

Well everything has happened, and nothing has happened, all at the same time.  There is no way I can cover everything, but I will try to hit the  high points as they relate to these pictures, which cover a wide time frame as usual.

This morning Michelle did not use the PoV, so the nominees for eviction this week will be Frank and Bridgette until further notice.

There probably won't be any sort of "notice" at all, but you can never be too sure.

*****

I don't know if you can see him holding it in the picture below, but Victor has adopted the stuffed alligator and has named it "Fang".  He mentioned the damn giraffe as part of his justification for this, and took "Fang" back to the bedroom with him, where Frank, Corey and Bridgette were relaxing.

Frank: What are you doing to the alligator?

Victor:  Oh, just did some grooming, cut off a few of his tags, and sprayed him so he smells good.

He held "Fang" out for Bridgette to sniff and she nearly choked at the strong odor of Axe Body Spray.


Frank:  AXE BODY SPRAY???

Victor:  The smell won't be so strong after awhile....

Frank, very sarcastically:  Corey, have you ever felt the need to own Axe Body Spray?

Corey, nervously:  Um...I may have some at home from years ago that I received as a gift...

After Victor and "Fang" left the room, Frank said that since Victor came back in the house, he's been so much nicer to be around.

Frank:  Before, I went pretty hard on Victor about being a douchebag....and I've been feeling a little bad about that, but he just sprayed a stuffed alligator with Axe Body Spray!


Bridgette sat outside and watched the sun come up while she talked to Da'Vonne.  She told Day about how Zakiyah has hurt her feelings by ignoring her birthday while making a huge production over the stuffed giraffe's "birthday".  Da'Vonne insisted she had nothing to do with that, but listened carefully.

So did "Raffi", who lurked by the hot tub in a creepy manner.  Frank later told Bridgette that he "kind of felt like throwing Raffi over the fucking wall", but unfortunately Frank didn't act on those particular feelings.

Oh yeah...Bridgette also blew up Nicole's game big time, and Corey's too, by telling Da'Vonne that she and Frank were working with them.  Bridgette is very hurt by Nicole's treatment of her, so she feels no loyalty towards Nicole now.

Bridgette:  And I told Frank, this may upset you, but if you leave I want to try and work with Day.

Day:  Mmm hmmm.


Nicole wanted the details, including the timeline of significant events around Corey's planned engagement and his eventual breakup.  I didn't hear the whole story, but the saga started in high school and even though Corey had been thinking about getting engaged, he changed his mind and can't believe how quickly that happened.


Frank and Bridgette sat outside and talked for a long time.  Frank feels badly that she is going to be alone in there.

Frank:  During my speech on Thursday night, I want to end it by saying that I hope everyone eats a shit sandwich, and chokes on it!

Bridgette:  I'm gonna laugh.

Frank:  Now the DR will call me in and tell me not to say that...I WON'T...I'm not going to say that...don't worry.


Bridgette has social anxiety and this is causing some problems for her in the house.  Frank thinks everybody has a little bit of that.

Bridgette:  That's why I started smoking when I lived in NY, so I could leave the party to go outside for a bit.  And if I had dates or somewhere to go, I would take two shots and maybe smoke some "granny weed" (?) before I could get on the Subway to go somewhere.

Frank: That's not good, Bridgette.  That just makes you withdraw and not want to talk to anybody.

Bridgette:  No, not me.  It's better than me just sitting at home and not leaving the room, which is what would have happened without it.  But I did get too drunk a few times and ended up in a few bad situations.


Bridgette wondered what Frank's "secret oddities" are.  Frank told her that he's really kind of a hermit, and doesn't like going out.  He knows that he's good in groups, but he really doesn't like to be in groups.  He also knows that he's good at making friends, but he really doesn't want to have too many friends.

(All symptoms of getting older, not really odder...)

Bridgette wondered if Frank plans to put "this" on his resume, to fill the timing gaps.  Of course, Frank said.

BB would probably help a sales career, particularly somebody like Frank. I actually heard Jeff Weldon talk about this on the live feeds last year.  He said after TAR, there was a lot of interest in Jeff from new employers because they knew that CBS had so many levels of screening before finalizing the cast.  It apparently worked the same way for Jeff after BB because he was already in a new job by the BB17 finale and actually had some issues getting time off to go to California for it.

Frank:  Bridgette, you're not a weirdo.  Paul is a weirdo.






Bridgette and Natalie cleaned out the Have Not room, which still contained several very stale baguettes.  Bridgette is upset with James for going back on his word and nominating her.

Natalie wanted to know exactly what James said to her, and seemed a little wary of both of them, to be honest.

(There were no Have Nots this week, by the way.)


Frank talked to Michelle again about using the PoV to save him.  She's been kind of stringing Frank along, saying she might use it, but first she wanted to know what everyone else thought about that.  Frank wants Da'Vonne on the block, and Michelle doesn't want to take the risk and end up on the wrong side of the action.

Michelle:  I don't want you to go Frank.  I would much rather have Bridgette go home...


Michelle was frustrated later, saying she felt badly about leading Frank on about using the PoV.

Bridgette also had a meeting with Michelle at one point where she tried to get to the bottom of the issues Michelle has with her.  They discussed the eyebrow comment at length AGAIN, and then Michelle admitted that she's immature and holds grudges against people.  She also said that she was jealous of Bridgette's relationship with Frank, and admitted that Bridgette reminded her of an old roommate she had that she hated.

Michelle was also irritated that Bridgette walked around the first week in the house acting like she didn't know anything about Big Brother, but she really does.

So....these two girls aren't going to exchange friendship bracelets anytime soon.  That's the key takeaway for anyone hoping for a "Midgette" alliance.  Don't waste your time waiting for that to happen.


Do you think James had enough yogurt in his HoH fridge?  I wish he would have read out the expiration dates on each package, because I'm sure we would have had something to talk about there.

Michelle ate a Chobani yogurt and said she had never had yogurt so creamy and delicious.  It's like eating ice cream, she said.


So...after Frank kept hearing about how he should pull everyone together to make a case for putting Da'Vonne on the block, he went up to the HoH room around 3:00 AM for a meeting that was supposed to include everyone but Da'Vonne and Zakiyah, due to the subject matter.

But both of those girls showed up, and the meeting was very awkward.  The room was filled with silent tension, until Frank made the statement that he wanted Michelle to use the PoV to save him, and put Da'Vonne on the block in his place.

Da'Vonne:  Um hmmm.

No one said anything until Paulie said he didn't want it to come out like this, in front of everyone in an insensitive manner, but the votes are not there for Frank this week.  Either Frank or Bridgette will be voted out this week, and that's the truth.

Frank:  Thank you Paulie.  I'm on the block, and don't have any power, so I don't understand why it's so hard for people to be straight with me.  If I'm goin' home, why lie to me about it?

***crickets***

Paulie: We wanted to tell you before this....just now, we were downstairs and wanted to tell you so it didn't come to this.

Frank:  I'd like to thank Paulie for having a backbone, and also Da'Vonne, because she's got a backbone, too.

Nicole's name got dragged through the mud and back after the meeting as Frank told Zakiyah about Nicole's double dealing and backstabbing.  And Da'Vonne stayed in the HoH room with James after the meeting to tell him what she learned about Nicole playing both sides since the beginning.

James: That makes sense, Day, because every time something blows up around here she's always saying how nervous she is, and wants to know what I think about it.


Frank went outside with Paul to smoke one of Paul's cigarettes.  He seems resigned to his fate, and is happy he'll be headed for home on Friday.

Frank:  Mama, I'll be home on Friday.


Now all of a sudden Paul is Mr. Diplomat, saying that he didn't want the house meeting to take place, and that he wanted someone to just tell Frank that the PoV wouldn't be used.

Paul:  But then Paulie was the only one who had the balls to do it.

(Paul has been an ASS towards Frank the last few days, and even confronted him in an OBNOXIOUS manner about Frank trying to stay in the game.)


Natalie wondered if Bridgette was okay.


Bridgette cried a little, but she's okay.  Frank later told her that he didn't want to watch this season of Big Brother, and it might be a long, long time before he does.

Bridgette:  Can we watch it together?

Frank:  Maybe.  I kind of want to watch it so I can see what happens to you, but then again I don't...


Later Frank and Bridgette sat in the kitchen, and Frank said he wasn't going to be fake with people in the house, mentioning Corey specifically.  Then Corey came in the kitchen to make himself a sandwich and was obviously hurt that Frank and Bridgette ignored him.  After Frank stood up to leave, Corey followed him, the remains of his sandwich still clutched in his right hand.

Corey:  Is anything wrong Frank?  I've noticed that you won't even look at me and it's breaking my heart.

Frank explained that he's hurt that Corey has been encouraging him about the PoV, and would have appreciated Corey being a man about it and being honest with him.  Corey said he really thought there was a chance that Michelle would use the PoV, and he hates the way that meeting went down.

Corey:  Paulie shouldn't have said it like that.  And I don't like the way Paul has been acting, either.


Then Frank dropped some bombs on poor little Corey.

Frank:  Since you two are close, maybe Nicole will have your back, but if I were  you I wouldn't trust her too much.

Corey:  What?  Huh?

Frank told Corey that Nicole and Da'Vonne were actually very close in this game, but Nicole tried to stab her in the back, too.  Corey doesn't think Nicole is friends with Day, though.


Frank:  Nicole's playing different this time around.  She's out for blood.  She wants to win that money.  I would be careful if I were you.


The body language between these two is interesting during this conversation.  Corey is trying to protect himself here, I think, by resisting the truth that Frank is trying to tell him.


And Frank ends up mirroring that posture.

I know Corey is going to miss Frank when he's gone.  Corey has really enjoyed the Many Stories of Frank and I think he looked up to him, in a way.   He's going to tell Frank Stories for years to come, I predict.


Frank and Bridgette laid down to nap and chat about things.  A few minutes ago Frank was walking through the kitchen and in response to Paulie's comment, Frank said the following.

Frank:  Don't be sorry....I'm not sorry.  I'm getting LAID this weekend, son.

BB:  Frank, please go to the Diary Room.

Paulie joked that Frank was getting scolded for talking about getting laid, but I was hoping that Frank would get a few hints about searching for the secret room.  I mean, Julie told everybody that there would be "secrets"...all somebody has to do is realize that one of the travel posters features that word, and follow the trail from there.

But instead Frank just came back to the Tokyo Room and got in bed, like you see here.


If Bridgette wins HoH, Frank thinks she should nominate Nicole and James.  Frank is trying to sound chipper about the whole situation, but "jokes" that he's really depressed about it all right now.

Frank:  I just want to go home and get in a hot bath....and never wake up.  Just kidding. I'm probably getting reemed on the internet for makin' suicide jokes right now.

Bridgette: Day said I need to make people forget I was friends with you.

Frank:  WHAT?  WHY?  Do people just not like me?

Bridgette:  I know they don't like me.

Frank:  So someone will mention me and you'll say 'Who's Frank?  I hated that dude!"


Frank:  Feed off their fear Bridgette.  They're afraid of you.

and

Frank:  I'm gonna go home and bake cookies and eat the whole batch all by myself.

(Frank got Bridgette to recite her peanut butter cookie recipe the other day, making her repeat the ingredients a few times so we could all get it. But I think Bridgette said 3/4 of a stick of butter, rather than 3/4 of a cup of butter, as quoted by the poster at Jokers.)

Frank said he "kind of" stole that blue bandanna from a girl who was on The Amazing Race.  He and Mike Boogie went to some sort of event in Topeka KS to play in a mock Amazing Race.  There was a girl there who was on TAR who let Frank borrow her bandanna and he never gave it back.

Frank:  She said she wore in on TAR, too.

Bridgette:  Was the event fun?

Frank: Yeah.  We followed clues and ran around town with a bunch of people.  It was too much runnin' for me though.



***PARIS***

These pictures are from an older CBS press release, but it certainly looks like the "spare" HoH room that was used for the last two seasons is the secret room, set up to look like Paris.  I'm not sure where the secret powers come into play here, though.  Maybe that envelope contains instructions or something.



5 comments :

  1. It seemed shady to me that Julie brought up the secret room just this past week, five weeks into it, and then was like "Tune in next week to see if anyone figures it out." Shady in that they're predicting that this will become a plot point right about now, which indicates to me that they'll probably tip someone off, like you said.

    That room is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank will watch himself as soon as he gets home, I guarantee it. The idea that he wouldn't is absurd. He's far too egotistical to not watch everything about himself he can get his hands on. As usual, he's lying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuck. You. He isnt like that. And He didnt watch BB18 when He Got home Either. He Caught Up With A Few New Netflix Series that he missed so Shut the Hell Up.

      Delete
    2. Shut Up, Youre Probably A Paulie Fan T__T Frank Was Amazing.

      Delete
  3. lol you don't spray a poor stuffed animal/plushie. You wash it, in warm water, on gentle cycle, with very little detergent. I use non scented, since I'm allergic to perfume (to breathe and to touch), but that is how I wash my plushies all the time, especially the ones that chill with me lol They come out smelling fresh and clean, even with the non scented stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!