Thursday, September 25, 2014

Another Year Passes....And the #BB16 Season Ends



First of all, I will be covering the post-finale action and will cover the interviews for you here.  I think it was a great season and the person who should have won pulled it off successfully.

A few thoughts:

*  Cody's ending was bittersweet for me.  I always knew he would take Derrick to the Final Two if he had the chance, but it was sad to see his face when the last two big secrets were revealed.  He was obviously hurt that Derrick didn't tell him about Team America, and clearly he thought Derrick had betrayed him.  Derrick was gripping his arm to reassure him during the Team America reveal, and when he revealed his true profession.

*  Cody is hot-tempered, but given some time I think he will understand why those secrets needed to be kept until the very end.  I read on Twitter that he was also shocked to hear that Derrick got a $50,000 bonus.  It's hard to gloss over that little detail.....for the entire cast, I'm sure.

*  Cody will eventually realize he made a $450,000 mistake by taking Derrick to the end, but his loyalty to Derrick was an important part of his game.  He'll be known as the "Woo" of BB16, and that would be a tough pill to swallow for anyone.  But one of Cody's answers to the Jury about why he deserved to win included "evicting all the people who wanted Derrick out".   Cody likes to win, so losing hurts.  A lot, I'm sure.

*  Frankie's face when he heard Julie say that there were so many votes for America's Favorite clearly indicated he thought his "millions of followers on social media" pulled through for him.  So the bitter shock was clearly evident when Julie announced he wasn't even in the top three.  Frankie's constant mugging for the camera during the Finale was just a reminder that he always thought he was the star of the show.  And I loved when Dr. Will shut him up during the Jury Deliberation, saying they were there to talk about the players who were still in the game.

*  I'm glad Nicole got some recognition from the fans.  I think Zach was thrilled to be in the top three, and seemed genuinely happy that Donny won.

* Did Donny deserve to be America's Favorite?  Well, the vast majority of the voters certainly thought so.  I'm guessing they didn't have the live feeds, but I'm so glad that Frankie didn't win that I don't care at this point.

None of this should take away from the fact that Derrick played the game like a stone cold gangster.

Thank you to all of my readers this season....as always I do it for my fellow Super Fans.

4 comments :

  1. Did you hear that Donny said he was the one that scratched out Victoria's name?
    Jocosta came off as a nasty bitter juror. I couldn't stand her fake personality that she would use when the cameras were rolling.
    If Zach would have won, the Grandes would have taken all the credit because of Frankie's mom's last minute tweet to vote Zach.
    Derrick's before video was kind of shocking. He lost a lot of weight. He looks so much better now. I liked him with his beard. He played like a boss though!!
    Your blog never ceases to make me laugh. I can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy with the results this season though it would've been great tv if Cody axed Derrick and took Victoria. Cody is most definitely the Woo of Big Brother which is sad because both Woo and Cody are such nice guys.

    I just read on the CBS site that Victoria's weight is down 5lbs from what she walked in with. I hate to point out a woman's weight but that can't be right, can it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure Cody knew Derrick was a cop. Given what happened in the storage room when Derrick got that picture [thank you for that info!:)] and that Julie said one person knew when she was telling everyone about Derrick's job, I think Cody already knew it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think that picture had someone who works undercover in it, and Derrick's wife may not have known it. She wouldn't be stupid enough to send a picture of Derrick in uniform.

    That's my guess, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!