Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What Will the Next Batch of Have Nots Eat? #BB16

As usual, the Big Brother live feeders have been voting for the last few days to determine what extra foods the Have Nots will enjoy next week.  

Caleb is still on slop for another week, of course, after taking a two-week slop penalty in last weeks Battle of the Block competition.

So as you can see, the winning snacks are "Peanut Butter and Jelly Fish".

 
This choice could mean a few things...we know that they will be given three additional choices to eat for the week.  The simple solution would be:

1.  Peanut Butter
2.  Jelly
3.  Fish

But this sounds too easy, doesn't it?  Maybe the additional choices will be:

1.  Peanuts
2.  Butter
3.  Jelly Fish

But are Jelly Fish edible?  I did a little research about it, and I did learn that a group of Jelly Fish are known as a "bloom" or "swarm". And then I found the following information on Wikipedia regarding the edible nature of Jelly Fish:

In some countries, such as Japan and Korea, jellyfish are known as a delicacy. "Dried jellyfish" has become increasingly popular throughout the world. The jellyfish is dried to prevent spoiling; if not dried they can spoil within a matter of hours. Once dried, they can be stored for weeks at a time. Only scyphozoan jellyfish belonging to the order Rhizostomeae are harvested for food; about 12 of the approximately 85 species. Most of the harvest takes place in southeast Asia.

Based on this info, I am officially guessing they will be given Peanuts, Butter, and dried Jelly Fish.

FYI #1  If their blender is hearty enough, they can easily make "natural" peanut butter out of peanuts.  I do it all the time with my food processor.   And butter is not one of the condiments they are currently allowed to enjoy as Have Nots (I am 95% sure that last statement is true.)  so I'm sure they can find a way to utilize it in an appetizing manner. 

FYI #2  The Have Not-concept is a new one in the last few years of Big Brother.  Since BB3, they have had week-long food restrictions, but it is only in the last few years that their sleeping habits were impacted by introducing an actual room for them to stay in.  From BB3 up until whenever Slop was introduced to Big Brother (BB8 or BB9?) the house guests were "tortured"  by having to eat only Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches as a penalty or punishment.

They got bread, a few varieties of jelly, and usually regular and reduced-fat peanut butter.  Personally, I would love that.  Peanut butter (and almond butter...and sunflower seed butter..) is my kryptonite.  I would love an excuse to eat only peanut butter for every meal...

3 comments :

  1. Jellyfish are definitely edible!! If you've ever been to a 10 course Chinese dinner you've probably had jellyfish as an appetizer. I love it! It's usually served cold lightly marinated with hot chili sauce, sesame oil, and some kind of soy sauce. It's actually very delicious if you're open to trying new things that might not be the norm in North American culture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that does sound tasty, with the chili sauce.....I love spicy food. I eat Vegan on a daily basis, but do eat seafood if I go out the dinner...I don't want to be one of those whiners about the menu. There is a restaurant in my neighborhood that serves Buffalo Calamari and I break my diet for that every time...with blue cheese crumbles on top...it is FANTASTIC.

    Maybe they will give them dried jellyfish snacks, but I can't see any of them being brave enough to try and cook it.

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I think most people would just be put off by the texture.. most would say it has a 'crunchy' texture, not like chips though, more like a soft crunchy if that even makes sense.. like slightly overcooked squid but 'crunchier'.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!