Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Zach & Cody: Same Outfits, Same Activity, New Day #BB16

I'm not gonna lie...things looked pretty grim for our boy Zach Rance last night on BBAD.  After Zach dropped BOMBS during the PoV ceremony yesterday, he did a few giddy, celebratory laps, and then went to bed in the Have Not room and hid under the covers.

I still had hope that Zach could stay, even though Two-Faced Frankie was working overtime to recruit votes to evict him.

But then I watched Derrick have a chat with Cody in The Hive on BBAD, and Derrick made a solid case to let Zach go.  I think he was just going over the Pros and Cons with Cody, but it seemed like both of them started to see the wisdom in avoiding battle with guys like Caleb and Devin.

Derrick:  I trust Zach....I really do.  But he's a young kid and he will probably blow up again in here.  And that's a bad reflection on you and me....we need to make choices that will get us farther in the game.

Cody vented, too, and was still angry at Zach for telling Frankie that he and Derrick didn't trust him.  And they both agreed that Zach took it too far by bringing up Devin's daughter, and the fact that he is pilled up every day.

(Even though, to me, Devin made this fair game by bringing up his daughter in EVERY DAMN MEETING and conversation, and babbling about his meds EVERY DAMN MORNING.)

Anyway...I went to sleep last night trying to look on the bright side, that we would soon have Zach's Tweets and opinions to chew on throughout the end of the season.

So I was quite pleased to tune in to the live feeds and see Cody and Zach playing pool and chattering, just like old times.  You know, last week.


Nicole was jogging in the backyard and occasionally you could see her ponytail bobbing as she ran through the frame.  Before she started jogging, she sat in the hammock with Brittany and Victoria.  Brittany was making a very strong, calm case for keeping Zach this week, and I could tell that her arguments were starting to sink in.

Brittany:  I think Zach is out of control sometimes, and he was a jerk yesterday.  He's not a friend of mine, and I don't care if he stays or goes.  But what bothers me is that all of a sudden, Devin and "them" want to keep Pao Pao....so if we keep her, she's on their side, and that's another vote against you and I when we are on the block.

Nicole:  I really don't know how I will vote yet.  But if you asked me yesterday, I was 80% sure I was keeping Pao Pao...

(For someone who has never watched BB before, Brittany is very good at her social and strategic game.)


Zach and Cody discussed the votes---Zach thinks the vote will be 10-2 to keep him, but Cody says Frankie will not vote for you, so it will be 9-3.  Zach swears up and down that Frankie will vote to keep him, but Cody doesn't agree.

Cody needs to talk to Jocosta about it today.  He thinks she is down to keep Zach, but he's not sure.

(I saw Jocosta going on and on last night on BBAD about how disrespectful Zach has been to Victoria, so I don't know about that...)


Zach:  Before Julie reads the votes, I am literally going to have a heart attack.

Cody:  Dude, I'm going to have a heart attack too!  Because even if you stay and it's 7-5, then that means that those five people are on their side, and then it will be a fight every week to stay in this house.



Cody thinks that if the vote is 9-3, then Amber is going to realize that she just lined up on the other side of the house, and she's going to freak out and scramble.

Cody:  I've got to talk to Derrick about that, though.

(Because Derrick = Papa Bear)


Cody talked to Zach about his event job that he does on the weekend.  Cody's brother got involved with this company, run by a guy named Derek (? I'm spelling it differently to differentiate from our Derrick) who has become one of Cody's best friends.

The Company runs parties for crazy-rich people in Manhattan---it sounds like they do a lot of bar mitzvahs, which certainly are Big Money in the city.  Cody had to train for a year, learning to socialize and run a party.  He "MC's" the parties now, but still hasn't been the host yet.  He wants to be older at that point, so the mega rich guys who hold the parties won't just see him as some kid.


Cody:  I used to be a little punk...but then I got involved with this and have changed so much, and learned so much.  I know I can be successful now, and can make a lot of money.  I'm like night and day now, with the way I speak to people.

Cody's team would go out with Derek to train.  Derek would pick a group of people in the bar, and tell the guys to go over and sit with them.  Cody says that human nature is to fight off an intruder, and that as mammals we have all sorts of defenses built in.

Zach:  Dude, I would go off if someone came over and sat down.

Cody:  I know.  It's happened to me, and my brother, and this guy name Marquis who is just stupid good at it.  But you learn how to bring people in and then they end up buying you a drink!


Cody says he looks forward to working on Saturday nights, even though he is missing a night out with his friends.  He can make about $300, just "dancing", and always gets a tip, too.

Zach:  I would literally move to New York for a job like that.  That is what I want to do..

Cody:  Dude, they would hire you in a heartbeat.  And you can keep a beat and dance, too, I've seen you.  It is so hard for them to find a white guy who can really dance.  You'd be surprised how many people can't find the beat.

Zach:  Dude.  After this I'm totally following you to New York.  It feels like we've been friends for years.

Cody:  Dude. I know.


They brought up how much they like Derrick.  They feel so lucky to have made the connection, that there are three of them.



***ALSO***

Cody said he pays $800 for his student loans, and this is just a drain that goes nowhere.  If he wins Big Brother, he will pay off his loan, and his brother's loans too.

TIP:  College is really expensive---if you are in school you should major in something that will get you a job afterwards.  Whatever Cody majored in, and Zach's economics degree don't really seem to set out a career path.  So college probably was overpriced and underutilized for them, if not a total waste.

I know many people like this.  Overeducated and in debt.  For years.

When I picked a college major, I had a lot of interests.  But I picked Accounting because I knew I could easily get a high-paying job, and could use the skill set no matter what profession I pursued.  Since I graduated, I had high-paying jobs from the get go, and run my own practice now.

I'm not saying you should be a CPA, just pointing out that if you can't use your college degree to get a job, you are probably spending your money in the wrong place.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!