Friday, September 20, 2013

Jeff Schroeder's Backyard Interview with McCrae Olson #BB15

Jeff greeted McCrae like an old friend in the backyard as they started their post-season interview.  It is immediately clear that this is not the McCrae we saw in the Big Brother house on a daily basis.  I was going to say this is "TV McCrae" but then I remembered we did see McCrae on TV all summer.

This McCrae is energetic and downright bubbly as Jeff tells him he was Team McCrae all summer.


McCrae:  I remember that!  You told me that in my interview before and I swear I had that in the back of my mind all summer....I was thinking that Jeff was pulling for me!

Jeff:  You were thinking I like Amanda....but Jeff....

They laughed and is it weird that McCrae would be such a fanboy around Jeff?  I think McCrae is being sincere about it, and it's strange to see that from him.  He is just as polite as he always is, though.  McCrae respects his elders, I think.

(Also McCrae does Production camera work back home, so maybe he can hit Jeff up for a job one day on one of Jeff's video shoots.  Did you know McCrae shoots video in his local court house back home?  He films some of the political activity according to his friends on the Loungetown Podcast.)



Jeff asked McCrae to tell him how the game went for him, and the question was kind of awkward, like Jeff was dreading the answer.

McCrae:  I can't blame anybody but myself for getting voted out of the game.  I should have worked harder for the HoH.  My alliance with Amanda made us both stronger, I think.  We were like good cop and bad cop.  I can't blame anybody but myself for the way my game went.  I can't blame Amanda.


Jeff, chuckling:  So, you've done a few intereviews already, huh?

McCrae laughs and admits he's done a couple of interviews.

 Jeff:  So did Amanda help or HURTED you?

McCrae repeats that Amanda definitely helped him.  She was always the target in front of him and he always planned to cut her before the Final Two.  He thinks they brought out the best in each other and repeats the Good Cop- Bad Cop analogy.  He also mentions having to apologize for her behavior in the house but that it ultimately helped him out.

Jeff:  All summer I was kind of thinking that...I know you're a big fan of the game, and she was kind of a target in front of you..

McCrae:  Absolutely.

Jeff:  I hate to say it, but me and Jordan were kinda like that...she always knew I would get voted out before she did.  So you were like the the Jordan, huh?

McCrae:  Yeah, Amanda called me the Jordan  of the relationship all the time.  But that's fine with me....Jordon won!


 McCrae wishes he would have voted out Andy, because he knew in his gut that he was the one who betrayed Amanda, but he didn't trust his gut, and that is the part of the game he is going to regret, he thinks.  He thought that Andy wanted to get rid of Amanda so he could work with McCrae, not realizing Andy had another alliance.  He thinks the Exterminators did a great job and had all of their options covered.

Jeff wonders why Elissa didn't really push hard to make him see that she did vote for Amanda to stay, to get McCrae to work with her and McCrae admits she probably should have. 


Jeff:  So who wears the pants in that relationship, you or Amanda?

(Duh Jeff.)

McCrae:  Well, I guess she wears the pants.  But I'm really the mastermind of the relationship.  I'll let her think she's in charge but I'm really the mastermind.  We gel really well...opposites attract, like good cop bad cop.
 

Jeff asked McCrae about his plans with Amanda.

McCrae:  Well, it gets really cold in Minnesota during the winter, so I might go to Florida for the winter, but I don't know.  I just want to go back to delivering pizzas and feel things out day by day.
 
 Jeff:  Your whole town is probably goin' crazy with you on the show, and you want to deliver pizzas?

McCrae:  Exactly.  I'm thinking I'll make more tips....

Jeff:  You oughta open up a pizza place...start your own thing..

McCrae:  I like that idea!  Yeah!

Jeff:  Maybe I'll go in on it with you..this hosting is for the birds!

McCrae:  That sounds good to me!

Jeff:  No, I'm just kiddin'...I love hosting.
 

As a SuperFan McCrae loved that Ian was in the house to give him the PoV, and he loved hearing Ian root him on.  McCrae says the only thing better is if Jeff had been in the house for a competition.

McCrae:  It made me feel great to know that Big Jeff was out there rooting for me.

 
Jeff:  Would you go back in there one day?  And play again?

McCrae:  Oh I would love to!  If America votes please send me back in there again!   I swear I would play a different game next time! (***crosses fingers***)  Please let me go back in there again!

Jeff:  Would you go back right now?  For another 90 days?

McCrae:  Yeah.  Just let me walk around here and talk to some people for a while, and then I'll go right back in there!

Jeff:  You should talk to a therapist first, with that answer!

 Jeff gives McCrae his dollar store gag gift, and it's a weird one.

Jeff:  The only thing I could find was this....and for some reason it seems like somethin' you would wear.  I don't know why..

McCrae:  I love it!  This is exactly what I would wear in my everyday life!  I'm gonna wear it right now!
 

 McCrae: Maybe I'll get more tips if I wear this.  Will you sign it for me?

Jeff:  Yeah!  I'll sign it right now!


Jeff:  Yeah!  If you order and pizza and McCrae brings it to you wearing this...you better give him an extra tip!  It's an extra $10 tip!  That's how we roll here!



They both thank each other and Jeff tells him to "go out there and have fun".

Keep an eye on E-bay for a colorful clown necktie sporting Jeff's signature.  Just a guess.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!