Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let's Take a Fond Look Back at #BB14 #BB15

As we prepare for tomorrow night's premiere of BB15, let's take a look back at BB14, a season that was highly-controversial due to it's mangled twists and turns.  Ian Terry taking the prize kind of redeemed the season for some SuperFans, but for the first half of the season it certainly seemed as if Production was just making it up as they went along.

I always remember specific events that happen on Big Brother, but I rarely remember what I wrote, since I usually work in a stream-of-conscious mode, describing the events in the house. The following posts are recorded in chronological order, and have been chosen for their entertainment value, with at least one containing action important to the game.

Well, I'm entertained at least.  I can't guarantee you will be, however.

Here we go:

1.  7-13-12  Boogie Gives Ian a Good Talking To.  I don't know if you remember, but Ian Terry was in big trouble the first few weeks of BB14.  He was an outcast and frequent topic of gossip and scorn in the house.  (I'm still not sure how he and Britney turned into "best friends".)  Mike Boogie sat Ian down for a performance review, and it turned Ian's game around.  Without this conversation, Ian may have been a pre-jury boot, in my opinion.

1.  7-15-12.  Mike Stirs Up an Ant's Nest. You're going to see a lot of Mike Boogie in this list, because he gave good Live Feed last year.  He knew we were watching and talked to us a lot, and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.  As an East Coaster, I appreciate Mike getting up before noon and giving me something to watch.  He was consistent and I appreciate that.  This is one of the first time on the feeds that I heard the house guests openly trash talk about Daniele.  And it was only about 2 weeks since they entered the house, a clear omen of what was to come. And as a bonus, Chef Joe tells us what a woman's role is in the home.

2.  7-17-12  Mike Boogie Talks Marriage.   The topic of Mike Boogie's marital status and baby mama identity was by far the most frequent search for most of the BB14 season.  Whenever they mentioned Li'l Brady on the CBS show their would be literally hundreds of searches leading people to posts on this website. We also see Mike's softer side here, wanting Ian to do well since the show is so important to him....ironic huh?  Since Ian kicked his ass to the curb and all.  (Mike's eviction interview with Julie Chen and his tip o' the cap to Ian was a Top Five All Time BB Moment for me.)

3.  7-18-12  Dan Makes Britney Cry.  Here we see Dan working Britney, making it look easy.  Also, we get some closeups of their food, and see Willie Hantz' horrible table manners. Ashley and Ted look high as kites, too.

4.  7-18-12  Big Brother After Dark - The FIGHT.  This is one of my BBAD recaps, so unfortunately there are no pictures.  This post features a word-for-word reporting of the Froot Loops Fracas.  I rewound the tape over and over so I could get each word for you.  Was there any doubt how fucking cool Frank is after this?

5.   7-20-12  The Coach's Competition Concludes - CHAOS  This post covers the minutes just before Willie Hantz headbutted Joe and threw the pork rinds at Janelle.  Watching this unfold, it was obvious something bad was going to happen.  When Willie burst into the HoH Room, breathing hard, I knew it was about to be Awwnnn.  I got the sense that Production was changing shifts or something as they broke down the backyard set up and I think they took their eye off the ball.  This post features rare footage from behind-the-walls, as the cameras frantically tried to find where Willie was, and what he was up to.  Right after I posted this, the feeds were down for HOURS, and when they returned Willie was back home in Hicksville, getting a DUI.

6.   7-24-12.  Shane Goes Drag.  Yep, you read that correctly.  Compliments of JoJo.

7.  7-24-12  Let's Talk About Drugs.  This is one of those posts that contains contents that would never see the light of day on the CBS show.  The house guests chat about watching druggies on TV, and Britney describes the druggies she encountered in her job.  They also discuss Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox.  And Wil would love some Zanax.  Who wouldn't want to eavesdrop on a conversation like this?

8.  7-29-12  Sunday Showmance Watch.  Danielle stalks a sweaty, half-nude Shane in the kitchen.  The signs were clear:  Shane wasn't interested.  But that didn't stop Danielle from trying all summer long.

 9.  8-14-12  Frank Makes a Sandwich.  Frank Eudy is a Foodie, and loves to talk about it.  I love taking pictures of their food, and this post sent me to the kitchen to build my own Dagwood.  I can only imagine how the Have Nots felt, watching this.

10.  8-29-12  Tidbits From Today.  The "Tidbits" series are some of my favorites posts because they are typically packed with useless infotainment.  Typically I have the live feeds on in the background while I work, and jot down newsy items as I work to summarize later.  I'm a Big Brother fan like you are, so I think I have a pretty good feel regarding what will be interesting for everybody to hear.  In this edition Britney discusses quitting her job and BB12 incidents that came back to haunt her, Dan discusses breaking up with the girl he dated during BB10, and how he tried to get Dr. Will's contact info after he won that season.  Also, Ian is weepy with regret about his drunken escapades the night before, and we hear Jenn talk about what Jodi Rollins did to piss her off.  The Tidbit posts are newsy, yo, but I don't even remember writing this.

11.  7-29-12  Scenes From Yesterday.  I almost didn't post this---and when I did it was the day after it happened. In this post Britney beats the crap out of poor Ted.  (The DR told them to call him "Teddy B" because of the movie Ted, but habits are hard to break for me.)  I can hear Frank's voice when I read it and it's just so good. 

I could go an an on and on, but I'll stop at this list of eleven BB14 posts.  I'd like to welcome all new followers and readers.  There were over a half-million hits on this website last season, and I appreciate each and every one of the visitors.  (Even the Danielle crazies fans.)

I don't do this for the money (god knows)...I do it for the love of the show and my love of this type of writing.  I love it when you leave comments and allow for Anonymous comments so you can all join in if you'd like to. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!