Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jeff and Jordan Make a DietBet

You probably know by now that Jeff and Jordan are involved with something called DietBet.  I just listened to them explain it on an Los Angeles-based news show and I can't say that  I really understand it.

Apparently you pay $50 to join the program, and then if you lose 4% of your body weight than you get to split the money with the other participants who also lost their weight.  To me, that kind of indicates that if you lose your weight, you would get back at least what you put in, but I'm not sure that is the case.

They didn't mention being on Big Brother, but the newscaster said we probably know them from The Amazing Race.  (Big Brother is very picky about mentioning their show, apparently.)


Newscaster, to Jordan:  You don't look like you need to lose weight...

Jordan:  I'm sittin' down!

Jordan tried to explain the program and was then assisted by Jeff, who came in to save the day. Jeff is actually very natural on camera and was persuasive.  I still think he'd be a good ESPN talking head someday.  Someday soon, because nobody's getting any younger, are they?


While Jeff explained the program, we saw some footage of the two of them scarfing down some food on The Amazing Race.  Some nasty food, I'm guessing.  Whenever you have a TAR Roadblock or Detour that involves food, you can assume you aren't being served Chocolate Glazed Donuts.  Just sayin'... (Although I do remember that on one of the final legs of TAR, the team had to eat an entire deep dish Chicago pizza.  Now, that's a lot of food, but it wasn't like it was covered with cockroaches or anything..)



We learned that Jordan's weight loss goal is 5.5 pounds, which would put her at 137 pounds right now.  I think Jeff said his goal was 8 pounds, which would clock him in as a 200-pounder.



The newscaster asked Jeff how DietBet will prevent people from gaming the system to get paid by DietBet.  Jeff had an answer for that, of course.  I think this whole thing is kind of cheesy, but if they are getting paid for this I certainly understand.  You've gotta do what you've gotta do to get paid.

As far as losing weight and being healthier, I think you should start eating less meat, and more fruits and vegetables.  I try not to preach about being a vegetarian, but it is good for you and good for the planet.  And certainly kinder to animals.  Try Meatless Monday, at the very least and you will see what it does for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment