Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rumor Control With...Wait..Who? #BB14

Rumor Control is a SuperPass show that usually airs about 3 times during the Big Brother Pre Season.  Along with the host, former house guests discuss their views on the official Big Brother news released by CBS, as well as selected rumors flying around the internet.  They take callers, too, but sometimes shoo them away if the questions can't be answered, or if they "can't hear" the caller.

Every year, the Rumor Control host line up creates controversy.  For example, the scheduled hosts last year were Dani Donato and Ragan Fox.  Ragan is the only host who showed up for each show.  Dani didn't show up for the last Rumor Control show and was replaced by Annie Whittington (BB12).  The excuse was Dani had computer problems, her car broke down, the dog ate her homework...whatever.  We found out later that she was in sequester, as she was cast with her dad Evel Dick as one of the Dynamic Duos.

**I think it is important to note that the show Dani missed last year was the Rumor Control show after the cast was revealed, so she missed the show where she would have discussed the new house guests with the other panelists and the fans.**

Yesterday, the hosting lineup for the 2nd Rumor Control was promoted as being Janelle and Rachel.  Here is the ad that was circulated on SuperPass previously:

So imagine my surprise and shock to tune in for yesterday's show and see this:

Big Brother and SuperPass fans will recognize Chelsia Hart (BB9).  She has been working with SuperPass as one of the faces of their Big Brother coverage for about three years now.  From what I understand, she is moving into more of a behind-the-scenes role now, although I guess we will see her from time-to-time.  The guy with her is named Laremy, and he works in Casting.  He is the guy who conducted the SuperPass newbie interviews, apparently.  He's a good co-host.  Nice speaking voice and he chimed in with some good thoughts as we will see later.  (To picture Laremy, think of The Miz, but then replace the brain with Dave Holmes the former MTV VJ.)

And yes, after teasing us, we see Rachel beaming in on camera from vacation, or whereever she said she was.  I didn't catch the reason why Janelle is absent, but I think we all know the reason why Janelle is absent, right?

OK.  Let's summarize this action-packed show.

1.  They did not discuss the early ouster of Newbie Mike, the Sailing Instructor.  (You can read what little I know about that here.) 

2.  Instead, they focused on Mike's replacement, Joe Arvin.  (I wrote a little about Joe here.) You should know that they cast a few replacement house guests every year, who have to be sequestered like everybody else.  So Joe was just chillin' at the Sheraton (or whereever) like every body else, except he wasn't sure he'd be on the show.  Sucks for him but if the room service is halfway decent I guess it would be a good story to tell later.

3.  Personally, I kind of like the idea of Joe sitting around at the motel in his skivvies watching the same sad Spectravision movie choices in sequester one moment, and then Getting the Call to head on over to the Big Brother house the next moment.  The story would be even better if he won, wouldn't it?  He has as good a chance as anyone else at this point.

4.  They showed one of Joe's You Tube cooking videos, and what they showed was alarming to me.  It was him being really nutty and very loud.  My research has proved that this is not all Joe has to offer, thank god.  Here is a still from what they showed.  Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remembered it, but I was shocked to hear him screech and carry on.  This one was filmed in what looks like Joe's home kitchen, but the video I posted in the link in #2 above looks like it was filmed in his restaurant.  Maybe at home he can do crack.  I don't know...I hope he is a little calmer in the BB14 house.


4.  As far as Rachel goes, she was indeed Skyping in live from somewhere. This was not a taped appearance as she interacted directly with the hosts and callers.  She apparently did her Big Brother homework by watching all of the SuperPass interviews and had some opinions about each house guest.  This is why I don't think she will be a mentor, because she had the benefit of hearing information from Laremy that you wouldn't know if you just watched the videos.  Let's put it this way, hearing what Laremy said about a few of them changed my opinions a little, as I will soon discuss.


5.  I haven't had the chance to watch and recap each SuperPass interview, but I'm working on it and hope to cover them all by the end of the weekend.   Sorry.  Unfortunately my real job and life get in the way of my Big Brother addiction sometimes.

6.  Laremy and Chelsia seem to think there are some twists involved with the casting of the newbies.  The fact that there is a Pennsylvania connection with some of them has them concerned, as well as the fact that several of them are Southern.  Personally I think they are just putting that out there at the request of Production, to make it seem like they know something that Missyae doesn't, but I guess we can consider it.

7.  Like the tattoos-----they think that Jojo Spatafora and Jenn Arroyo must be connected somehow, since they both have Faith and Hope tattoos and both said they want to look at them every day for inspiration.  Jenn's tattoos of this are on her chest, while JoJo's are on her wrists.  (?)  And I guess they both have nautical star tattoos?   Jenn's body is One Big Tattoo, if you ask me, so I don't know if we can draw conclusions from that.  I did notice that both of these ladies have a little stud piercing on the left side of their upper lip.  You can read my recaps of JoJo Spatafora and Jenn Arroyo here and here, if you like.  I have pictures of some of their tattoos included with the recap.

8.  Laremy told us that Jenn was cast off Facebook, and she apparently is not much of a Big Brother fan. At least to this point in life.  This is a little upsetting to me, since I think Jenn is a star and wanted her to do well on the show.  I think it helps to know the game, and be aware of the potential pitfalls and methods of success.  Also to be familiar with some of the games and challenges, since they often repeat them from year to year.  Chelsia said her band Kitty was a pretty big deal back in the day.  Can anyone vouch for that, or has anybody seen Kitty play live? 

9.  JoJo originally told the Producers that she was a bartender, and that is how she was portrayed in the BB commercial that aired on July 4th.  But during her interview with Laremy, she switched it up, saying she was a "promotional model".  Hmmm.  Wonder what that means?  In my recap of her interview I said she was defensive about being a promotional model, but maybe this is why.  I guess Laremy was looking at his notes and trying to figure out if he had the right JoJo.  (Did you know last year Kalia was a bartender?  I didn't either, and neither did the house guests until they got down to the final five. She ended up comparing notes on the live feeds with Rachel and Porsche, who have both been cocktail waitresses.  I thought it was strange how no one called her out on that---she had been saying she was a writer....whatever.  You can read my live feed update about Kalia's disclosure last year here.)

10.  Kara Monaco brought up a lively discussion among the Rumor Control panel.  Rachel thinks it is impossible for Kara to conceal the fact that she was 2006 Playmate of the Year.  (Kara said she wanted to hide it--you can read that info here.  I haven't watched Kara's SuperPass interview yet but I plan to.)  Rachel pointed out that since JoJo is a model, she probably wants to be in Playboy so she knows who the Playmates are, particularly since Playmate of the Year since it is such a huge deal.  (Rachel gives the details about winning a car, and $100,000, which sounds kind of puny, doesn't it?  Wasn't it $100,000 20 years ago?)  They mention how high profile Kara is...I had no idea since I don't read Playboy or even know anybody that does (openly, anyway).  Laremy brings up that she is good friends with Sarah Jean Underwood, who apparently is a BFD whose career is blowing up.  I've never heard of Sarah before now, and she was the 2007 Playmate of the Year, as mentioned below.
Wowza, huh?  I guess those two bitches get a lot of free drinks when they go out, at least.  So the Rumor Control panel felt that the guys will recognize Kara Monaco, and probably some of the girls.  That is why the house guests should never lie about basic info like this---once people find out they will not trust you and your ass is gone.  Also, Laremy mentioned that all of her answers during the interview were one word answers (probably one syllable, too)--indicating she didn't have much to say.  So maybe she's not a Big Brother fan, after all.

But does anyone think Kara will ever be "a loser"?  Nah.  She'll just be the chick voted off Big Brother first.  Then she'll go home and book a bazillion jobs and appearances and hang out by the pool with schmokin' hotties like her friend Sarah Jean.  Nice life.

11.  The Rumor Control panel basically laughed their asses off when discussing Shane Meany.  They apparently found him as douchey as I did.  You can read my (sort of) recap here. They were pretty vicious about his puka shells, too.  Even Rachel chortled that she wore puka shells, like, in high school.
So good luck Shane. I think you're going to need it.  FYI Shane's full SuperPass interview has now been posted back on the website.  I'll put that on my list of things to do, somewhere after alphabetizing my spice shelf in the pantry.

12.  Frank Eudy was a lively topic, too.  I just watched his SuperPass video and am working on recapping it, after hearing what the panel had to say about him.  Frank is a "blinker" who is a huge Big Brother fan.  Rachel said she thinks he is better looking than Shane.  I will save that for my recap of his interview, but I know what Rachel means.  Laremy expected Frank to talk more about his dad, who is wrestler Sid Vicious.  Well, I don't know who that is, either, so I did some sleuthing.

Good lord!  Frank's dad is 6'9", and is also known as Lord Humongous!  I like that Sid Eudy is from "whereever he damn well pleases".  Big Brother fans will like Frank, I predict.  But more on him later.

13.  They discussed Jodi Rollins and kind of moved right along.  I hate to say that Jodi looks just like Kalia, because I think that might seem racist, but she does sort of look just like Kalia.  I haven't recapped her interview yet, but Laremy mentioned that she is a bona fide Big Brother fan and glossed over the fact that she was married a few months ago and has 5 stepsons!  Wow.  No wonder she wanted to get out of the house this summer.

14.  Laremy's dicussion of Ian Terry broke my heart a little.  You might know I find Ian adorable and wanted him to go very far.  You can read my Ian recap here.  Laremy said that although Ian said he reads all sorts of Big Brother fan sites and message boards, he is mainly just a lurker and is not comfortable posting or taking a stand on the topics.  I will concede that the Big Brother fans can be downright despicable about their likes and dislikes, and many of them seem to have no couth, as we say in the South.  At least 18% of them operate like they don't know any real people or have real friends.  As a matter of fact, the rudeness of the "fans" is the primary reason I stopped writing for one of the big Big Brother websites a few years ago.  Reporting the facts isn't good enough for those people--they need to back away from the computer and get some fresh air and probably a good brisk slap in the face.

So I understand Ian being a lurker and all, but how can you be a Big Brother gamer if you are scared to mix it up on a message board?   I really don't want Ian to turn out like Adam Poch (BB13).  In life as well as the Big Brother game.  Rachel loves Ian and says she wants to put him in her pocket and protect him.  Laremy added that Ian is "like 5'3" and 85 pounds".  That's not good.  It is bad enough to be a nerd, but a short nerd?  Chelsia and Rachel think he will do great in the endurance challenges, and the big guys won't worry about him, so that's good.  But I'm worried.  Ian better step it up.  This ain't Joker's Updates, Ian.

15.  They discussed Danielle Murphree, but I don't remember them saying too much about her.  You can read my recap of Danielle's interview here.  Laremy did say that she was very tall and willowy and beautiful.  He thought she would hook up with Shane Meany (love his name, by the way) but Rachel disagreed and thought Frank would win Danielle's TV heart. 

16.  The also discussed Wil Heuser and are all looking forward to seeing him in action.  Rachel and Chelsia felt that his acting skills will help him in the house since he can be whoever the other house guests need him to be.  Rachel has seen some of Wil's videos and she loves him.  I do think he will be fun to have in the house, and that will help his game.  I haven't recapped Wil's SuperPass interview yet, but I did do an early informational post about him that you can see here.  It's enough to understand what Rachel is crowing about...Chelsia covets Wil's handsome eyebrows and they all agree he is a beautiful man.

17.  Willie Hantz -- Laremy said the fact that Willie's brother Russell was on Survivor didn't come up in conversation until later in the interview, and he was frantically shuffling through his notes, wondering why this wasn't included Willie's dossier. The entire panel agreed that the Reality Superfans on the cast (Ian, Frank, Jodi, etc) will easily figure out who Willie's family is and he will be a goner.  Chelsia thinks Willie will have the biggest uphill battle on the cast.  I wonder if Production will intervene and help Willie out somehow?  I will get to Willie's SuperPass interview at some point, but in the meantime I've talked about him and found the "lost video" here and here.

18.  That brings us to Ashley Iocco, whom I've not had the pleasure of scrutinizing yet.  But after hearing this, I will.  Apparently Ashley has developed a "Snow White" strategy where she will have Seven Dwarfs following her around the Big Brother 14 house, whom she will eventually kill. Yes you read that correctly.  (FYI One of my best friends was Snow White in a Disney parade and taught me the Snow White wave.) Ashley owns her own business --  I'm guessing she will get A LOT of press that will build traffic and revenue this year.  It's a mobile spray tanning business, so she's just in time for summer.  Laremy wondered whether this is an act---he saw a couple of flashes of intelligence or something else that led him to believe this act may not be for real.  Chelsia vouches for Ashley's business---it must be real because Chelsia saw the website.  Ha ha ha.

So...having read all that, don't you think it wouldn't be fair for Rachel to be a mentor?  Not only has she spent time in the new Big Brother house during Media Day, but now she has some inside information that would give her an unfair advantage in choosing her team.  Missyae says this today about how the Mentors will pick teams.

This process is going down today Saturday July 7th.  So I don't think Rachel can be a Mentor.  Sorry all you Brenchal fans.

I'm thinking Dani Donato is a viable contender here.  Remember what I said at the beginning of this post, like two hours ago?  Last year she missed the Rumor Control episode where they discussed the house guests, and then ended up on Big Brother 13.  The same thing could happen this year.  Remember that Alison Grodner LOVES Dani Donato, and you could view her as a villain, since she dared go up against Jeff and Jordan, aka America's Sweethearts.   And of course Dani is a big fan favorite, myself included.  Janelle describes Dani as a personal friend, so I don't know how or if that would impact anything.

If not Dani Donato, maybe Danielle Reyes (BB3), or Natalie Martinez (BB11)?  They were both villains.  And no one is discussing her, but let's not forget Alison Irwin (BB4 and BB7).  You can't get more despicable and competitive than Alison.

Talk about loving to hate someone---Natalie and Alison would fit that bill perfectly.

If you're not excited about Big Brother 14 yet, I'm a little worried about you, let's put it that way.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!