Monday, June 25, 2012

TV Ratings for The Glass House

 The ratings for the first episode of The Glass House weren't very good.  Joyce Eng at TV Guide reports the following:

CBS may have lost the legal battle (for now), but it's won the ratings war.
ABC's Big Brother-like new series The Glass House opened to a soft 4.18 million viewers and a 1.6 in the adults 18-to-49 demographic Monday, down 33 percent from last year's premiere of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition in the slot. In comparison, Big Brother averaged 7 million viewers and a 3.2 last summer.

Glass House's lead-in, The Bachelorette (6.9 million, 2.3), was flat.

So even though there were frequent (misleading) commercials airing throughout last Monday's episode of The Bachelorette, over 39% of the viewers of The Bachelorette turned the channel after the show was over?

To be honest, I wasn't even aware of the upcoming Glass House series until the CBS vs. ABC lawsuit was made public.  The Big Brother world was abuzz over the lawsuit.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that a decent portion of the 4.18 million viewers who tuned in for the premiere episode were Big Brother fans. 

And let's face it, the Big Brother fans may watch in the next few weeks, but as soon as Big Brother premieres, and the live feeds start, I don't think we will even care.

You can read the TV Guide article here.

1 comment :

  1. I know for me, Big Brother will be the priority over The Glass House when it returns. I have been watching The Glass House since it aired last week and I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as Big Brother, but I did enjoy it. Since The Glass House was automatically recorded using PrimeTime Anytime on the Hopper, I was able to watch it this morning while I was getting ready for work at Dish. I enabled the AutoHop feature and was able to skip right over the ads, which saved me 20 minutes this morning to do other things. I am hoping that Holly is voted off next week, but we will have to wait and see. I will continue to watch the show and since it is on a different day of the week than Big Brother, I can still watch both.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but please do not include links to other websites, no matter what they are. All posts containing links will be deleted.

Also, if possible please don't be a jackass.

Thank you!