And the word on the street is that the finalists have all been chosen. If prior seasons predict this year's process, the finalists will be sequestered in a few hotels scattered across Southern California in the next few weeks.
The producers always lock down a few alternates, just in case. Several years ago, one of the Finalists thought he could try and call his girlfriend while he was on Lockdown, but he got caught and they tossed his ass out of there. Just as in real life, some New Hires just don't work out.
Each season the HG all start talking about their time in sequester, usually sitting around the pool when boredom sets in. Although BB always promptly yells at them to "Stop that!", we still learn enough about the process to get a picture of how it goes. Here are a few tidbits that I have heard straight from the HG's mouth.
1. Each HG is assigned a 'minder'. I don't know if the minders mind more than one HG, but each HG knows who they can call if they have a question or need anything. The minders escort them around the premises and to meetings and interviews.
2. They each have a daily stipend they can spend, and they all order room service and eat alone in their rooms most of the time. Some of the past HG feel like they have to order the cheapest room service items, and are usually kind of pissed when they find out the other HG ordered steak, wine, and desserts.
3. Not everyone is treated the same way. Some of the HG have balconies, but most don't. Some have a view of the parking lot and the dumpster, and others can see civilization and other hotel guests. This can cause bad blood and the feeling that "Big Brother isn't fair!".
4. The sequestered HG have allotted times when they can visit the hotel gym and the pool. They often see other HG during these brief outings, as evidenced by the fact that they other HG also have minders and aren't allowed to speak to strangers. (I used to travel 45 weeks a year on business and trust me, you find yourself striking up conversations with other travelers constantly, so it is weird not to do so. If you were Beyonce at the Setai in Miami, you wouldn't want to talk to anybody, but let's face it, we're talking the Hollywood Sheraton or Hilton here. Normal people stay there.)
5. They watch a lot of in room movies in sequester. I haven't heard them talking about watching porn, so maybe that feature is disabled, but they all watch the movies. Sometimes over and over and over. They also are furnished with a DVD player and a few seasons of BB to watch. Season 6 seems to be a popular season for them to watch---probably due to the fighting, scheming and twists and turns. At least one of the HG always says that they never watched the show before their time in sequester. I usually think this is a Big Fat Lie, but Jordan Lloyd was one of those people last year. And it was readily apparent that she had no clue what she was doing. So I do believe Jordan about that.
6. Sometimes they all ride in the same van to interviews or other official outings, but are expected to sit there quietly and are not allowed to communicate with the other potential HG. They are all threatened with expulsion if they screw up. Once in the house, they always mentions the HG who 'got away'. Some they all remember as hot porn star-type chicks, rapper types, guidos, etc. Stereotypes that they all remember.
(This sounds suspiciously like prison doesn't it? I picture all of them riding silently, sweating with shackles on.)
7. New thought: I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Jersey Shore type on the show, since guidos are in vogue right now. And tacky sells, people. Personally I think having The Situation on hand every day might make for an entertaining show. He could cook and do GTL to his heart's content. But I digress...
That is all I can think of now. There has been no official word from CBS that the live feeds will be offered, but this is a common occurrence at this point. By July 1st all of the details should be announced. I visited the BB Reloader site today and saw a message that they don't plan to be back this year for BB12. If that is true, that sucks. I loved BB Reloader and hope another software provider steps up to the plate this year to fill that important role.
I am going to try activating the comments section this year. I hope a bunch of jackasses don't ruin that decision.